In Brighton, East Sussex
Have you got plush carpets and now you worry about what they would look like in a few weeks? Your luxurious carpets will remain that way for much longer if proper care is taken to maintain them
Scheduled constant cleaning of your carpet is important to its lifespan. Carpets need to be vacuumed at least once each week and more than that for areas with high volume of foot traffic and therefore more highly prone to dirt. This way, you prevent a build-up of dirt in the carpet fibres, and extend how long your carpet flooring lasts.
On the average, carpets gather a build-up of everyday dust and dirt. Wine stains on a cream coloured carpet from a party at your home with friends, streaks of food left behind by cheeky toddlers, or mud stains tracked around the house from your favourite pet.
Carpet Maintenance Powder or Shampoo?
Because stains do happen, you need to know which carpet cleaning product should be used for what type of stain. Persistent stains, lingering odours, caked-on dirt need more than your average old soap and water routine.
So powder or shampoo? When cleaning home carpets, focused care needs to be put in to ensure the best results. A shampoo provides such care, although it takes hours to dry and creates restrictions on movement in the area till it gets completely dry. But for those times when you face stains and dirt and simply do not have the time, a dedicated carpet powder is the better option. Powdered cleaning products do a good job in half the time.
Whatever product you decide on for your carpet maintenance, remember to read the instructions carefully and follow any directions closely.
For any questions you may have concerning carpet maintenance, call us and we will talk you through it.
Stains From Children
Carpet Care: Tips for maintenance
A lot of homeowners are put off carpet cleaning because it just seems like a daunting task, from moving furniture to waiting for the fibres to dry. It doesn’t have to be overwhelming however, and we are going to show you how. Go through our top cleaning tips to effectively care for your carpet, no matter where the dirt comes from.
Stains from Pets
Oh those cheeky little humans! Their greasy faces look cute till the grease moves on to your lovely carpet. Here’s how you can clean up stains from mud, potty training, crayons, chocolate, and food trampled into the carpet!
Food and Wine Stains
Even on a cream coloured carpet, a red wine stain is a problem which can easily be solved. A useful tip is to have a pack of paper towels close by when entertaining or just having a glass of wine by yourself while relaxing. You can quickly blot stains before they have time to settle in.
- First soak up as much of the wine stain as possible using a clean cloth or towel
- Next, dilute the stain with a little amount of cold water and continue to mop carefully till no more of the wine will lift
- Apply a mixture of three-parts baking soda and one-part water to the stain
- Allow to dry then vacuum.
Damage From Furniture
Leaving heavy furniture in one spot on your carpet will wreak havoc on your carpets. The weight of the furniture affects the thread of carpets, leading to the appearance of noticeable grooves and imprints.
However if you simply want to put your feet up with a good book, go swimming or have a mini-hangout with your friends, Brighton Flooring will handle your carpet maintenance. And no doubt using professionals for your carpet floors is the best idea anyway right? Our carpet experts have the best equipment to take care of your floors with the right skills to match.
Information About Brighton
- Brighton Flooring offers Carpet Maintenance in Brighton, East Sussex, a large town located in South East England.
- Brighton is part of the City of Brighton and Hove forms part of the greater Brighton and Hove built-up area, a Unitary Authority in Sussex.
- A range of East Sussex businesses including Brighton Flooring make their home in Brighton.
- Brighton was previously known as Brighthelmstone.
- Nicknames include the Brighthelmstone & Blightey.
- Brighton is formed by a number of villages and settlements including Coldean,Bevendean, Aldrington, Old Steine, Black Rock, Hangleton and Bevendean.
- Brighton Flooring’s Carpet Maintenance area like-wise encompasses Moulsecoomb, Hollingbury, Hollingdean, Hove and Mile Oak in the City of Brighton and Hove.
- Other service areas of Brighton Flooring in Brighton, Sussex encompassRottingdean, Portslade-by-Sea, Patcham, Saltdean and Ovingdean,
- As well as Brighton and Hove’s outlying urban areas West Blatchington, Westdene, Withdean and Woodingdean.
- Last but not least Brighton Flooring’s Carpet Maintenance cover the Brighton Municipality including Bear Road area, Brighton Marina and Stanmer.
- Brighton is administer by the BN postcode area.
- The University of Brighton and Sussex University are famous through out the United Kingdom.
- Queen’s Park, Brighton and Preston Park, Brighton are enjoyed by residents and known through out England.
- Connecting Brighton to other major populations are the A23 road and A27 road.
- To the West, the City of Brighton and Hove is bordered by Shoreham, Southwick, Littlehampton, Sompting, Lancing and Worthing.
- The City of Brighton is flanked to the East by Burgess Hill, Peacehaven and Lewes.